I am beginning to understand this "blogging business." I opened my Google e-mail account for our course this morning, checked my Google Reader and saw that both the blogs I am following included new posts. One is about fishbone diagrams as a way to understand the root causes of complex problems.
http://runningahospital.blogspot.com/2010/09/fishbones.html
Because I sometimes teach methods like this I felt good to see that they are actually be applied "in the real world" beyond academia. The basic idea is that if you don't understand the origins of a problem your attempted solution is not really going to solve the problem. That is why so many managers become "professional firefighters."
Apparently only one or two of you are following my blog so far. I will write an e-mail asking you to do so later this morning.
I like the concept of the Fishbone Diagram. I watched the video clip of the nurse's workshop. I think this method would transfer well into any type of organization that needs to improve efficiency.
ReplyDeleteI am still in the process of learning the blogging process so I still dont understand the fishbone diagrams or the problems.
ReplyDelete