I once taught a Chinese student in a course I tought in Kansas who was amazed that I did not fully appreciate the joy of blogging. I have a better understanding now of what blogging means to her. I thought of it as just an online diary. It can be that. But blogging can be much more than that. Read here the consequences of blogging about political issues in some other nations. Consider the potentials. Consider the value of the tools we have in our hands.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/web/10/09/detained.bloggers/index.html?hpt=C2
I found your class blogs on my traffic and stopped by. Don't worry, I won't be intruding on you guys. . .I just left those comments to show my gratitude.
ReplyDeleteThis is an important thing you are doing. Thanks again and happy blogging!
Wow! It's so easy to take the liberties we have here in America for granted. Let us take a moment to be grateful to be Americans, and not forget the power that we have as global citizens to help change the world.
ReplyDeleteBlogging is also very new for me. I did not understand its value nor its relevance. I visited the link to this blog and it actually showed how important and well regarded blogging is around the nation. There were several bloggers who were imprisoned for "free speech". This reminds us how blessed we are to be in this country. I enjoyed this blog.
ReplyDelete